Copyright © 2018 DataScience.US All Rights Reserved.
These online Data Science courses are taught by a Harvard biostats professor
...and can definitely help you land the best job in America
The best job in America right now isn’t technically dog surfing instructor. It’s not even professional TV watcher. According to Glassdoor, based off the number of job openings, salary, and overall job satisfaction rating, the top spot goes to data scientists.
Drawing from techniques in statistics and computer science, data scientists translate large, seemingly incomprehensible sets of data into meaningful insights that can help drive important business decisions. Given the job’s complexity and impact, companies are looking for data scientists in droves and are willing to pay up: the median base salary in 2018 is $110,000 and the average is $120,931.
If you’re looking for a job that’s impactful, well-paying, and in high demand, nothing fits the bill better today than a data scientist. With online courses, it’s actually possible to jump-start a career in data science without spending thousands of dollars or putting a wrench in your current job.
Harvard’s Data Science Professional Certificate Program, available through edX, is an intensive 18- to 36-week-long online program that prepares you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to pursue roles in data science.
In this program, students will:
- Learn fundamental R programming skills (a required skill in 64% of data science job postings)
- Understand statistical concepts such as probability, inference, and modeling, and how to apply them in practice
- Gain experience with the tidyverse, including data visualization with ggplot2 and data wrangling with dplyr
- Become familiar with essential tools for practicing data scientists such as Unix/Linux, git and GitHub, and RStudio
- Implement machine learning algorithms
- Gain in-depth knowledge of fundamental data science concepts through real-world case studies
Source Continue Reading