Copyright © 2017 DataScience.US All Rights Reserved.
The Fintech 250 raised nearly $32B across 766 deals since 2013 [Infographic]
CB Insights unveiled the Fintech 250 — a list of 250 of the most promising private companies applying a mix of software and technology to transform the financial services industry — at the Future of Fintech conference on June 26, 2017.
The companies were selected by CB Insights’ research team from a pool of nearly 2,000 applicants and nominees based on several factors, including data submitted by the companies and the company’s Mosaic Score, CB Insights’ proprietary algorithm that measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies.
The Fintech 250 have raised approximately $32B in aggregate funding across 766 deals since 2013, and include startups at different investment stages of development, from seed/angel companies to well-funded unicorns.
The market map below categorizes the Fintech 250 companies based on core area of focus. Categories are not mutually exclusive. Scroll down to see a list of all the companies on the map and their associated categorization.
- Unicorns: 23 of the Fintech 250 companies have reached a valuation of $1B or more and are in the unicorn club.
- Mega-rounds: There were 59 $100M+ mega-rounds to the Fintech 250 since 2013, with 13 of them in 2017 year-to-date (YTD).
- One97 Communications, the parent company of India-based Paytm Payments Bank, raised a record $1.4B corporate minority investment from SoftBank Group.
- Alternative lending platform SoFi raised a $500M Series F from SoftBank Group, GPI Capital, and Silver Lake Partners.
- AvidXchange, a merchant services company focused on payments automation, raised a $300M Series F from, MasterCard Worldwide, Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec, Temasek Holdings, and angel investor Peter Thiel.